Saturday, June 2, 2012

Nom Nom Nom Week 13



Last week we tried a new recipe, the Bistro Steak Sandwiches.  They were...awesome!  They were intimidating to me, because I only like to cook easy looking stuff, but Jeff did ALL the work, and they were awesome.

I'm SO excited to start using a new meal planning website/app.  It was recommended by my amazing sister, and it just took me until now to browse around.  It's called Pepperplate.  You can import recipes from popular cooking websites, or manually enter your own.  You can then easily plan your meals, by adding a recipe to each day of the week.  It will then making a shopping list for you...oh, heaven!!  You do all the work by going to their website, and then you can download the app, so you will have the recipes and shopping list on your phone.

I can definitely see the benefits of entering my own recipes, even though it's time consuming.  1) It will make meal planning easier-instead of looking through different cookbooks/bookmarks I have/etc., they will all be in one place. 2) It will make a shopping list for me (which I love, because this is the thing I HATE doing!) 3) The links I post on my blog are great, but I know those websites might not ALWAYS be there, so it would be nice to have the recipes in "writing." 4) I like typing, more than actually writing. 5) You can categorize the recipes...this is going to be great, because I can just click on "dinner" and scroll through what I want to have that week.

Now, I'm not going to completely trust Pepperplate to be around for the rest of my life, so I'm also going to copy and paste the recipes into a different spot.  For right now, that will be a recipe page on my blog.  That's also beneficial, so if you would like a recipe that isn't linked to a website, you can still get it (Since I'm the only one that can get into my Pepperplate recipes.) Phew.  You had a feeling I would start getting a little more productive once summer started, didn't you??  Let's get to the food!

Monday, June 4th-Sunday, June 10th
Monday:  Chicken and Rice Casserole
Tuesday:  Chicken & Dumplings (Didn't get to them last week, and it's supposed to be rainy today)
Wednesday:  Crock Pot Zuppa Toscana
Thursday:  Cheese & Chicken Chimichangas
Friday:  Out
Saturday:  Leftovers/Out
Sunday:  Nachos (Oh, we had those last Sunday?!  Don't judge my nacho consumption...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!! :)